The Knowsley Offer – www.knowsleybetter.co.uk/theoffer – has been developed to highlight the broad range of information, help, support, services, facilities and much more that is available to Knowsley residents right now.
It addresses a number of key issues – from helping you to maintain your independence and live in your own home for as long as possible, help with securing a job or training opportunity through to managing your money and how you can get more involved in your local area.
There’s also a range of information focussing on children and young people, helping them to get the best start in life and for families to have the right support to help them to thrive and succeed.
- Support and services for families with children under the age of 5 (Early Years support), childcare support, along with activities and help that is available through the borough’s children’s centres.
- Education provision in Knowsley, with 90% of the borough’s primary schools judged to be Outstanding or Good by Ofsted, and also the range of secondary and special school provision available across Knowsley.
- School holiday activities and activities for young people.
- Help and support to pupils who are leaving secondary school, outlining the variety of options available to them, including Apprenticeships and further education.
- Support to children and families with Special Educational Needs and / or Disabilities (SEND), including short breaks provision and information about the Knowsley Parent Carers Voice, who work in partnership with education, social care and health services to influence and develop quality services for children and young people with SEND.
- Support to young people who have been in the care of the local authority as they move into adulthood and gain their independence.
- Specialist advice and support services around mental health for young people.
- There’s also a range of information regarding adoption and fostering opportunities in the borough.
Find out more about the range of support that is available to help children, young people and families to thrive and succeed at www.knowsleybettertogether.co.uk/theoffer (children and young people section).