The Knowsley Offer has been developed to help residents to thrive and not just survive.
From help with managing your money, activities for young people and support to find a job, through to housing support, how you can get involved in your local community and support that is available to businesses, you’ll find it all at www.knowsleybettertogether.co.uk/theoffer.
There’s also a ‘Support for Adults’ section which outlines the range of help and support that is available to adults in Knowsley. This includes:-
- Services and support that prevent people from having poor health and wellbeing outcomes in the first place including access to leisure activities and to services that can help you stop smoking or improve your diet.
- Supporting residents at an early stage and preventing issues from escalating. This can include a referral to community-based support services or intensive support for a short period of time. It can also include equipment or assistive technology tools to help you remain independent in your own home and helping you to retain or regain your skills and confidence, for example after a period of injury or illness. Occupational Therapy services are also available to help you to improve your ability to do every-day tasks.
- Support to help you to live independently in your own home for as long as possible. This may be through the provision of homecare, equipment such lifeline alarms as or by making minor or major adaptations to your home to enable you to continue to live there or by supporting you to access better suited and adapted housing such as extra-care housing or supported accommodation.
- Enhanced care to meet complex needs, including through Adult Provider Services (providing day services, respite services and supported living services) or nursing and residential care (providing support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week).
- Support that is available to carers who provide invaluable support to a relative, friend, or neighbour. There’s information for young carers, carer’s allowances, how to get a carer’s assessment and the support that is available through Knowsley Carer’s Centre.
- How you can access Adult Social Care support.
Whatever your needs are, there is a range of information, help, support and services available to you. Visit the ‘Support for Adults’ section on the Knowsley Offer to find out more.