Halewood Church of England Primary Academy has been judged to be “Good” overall by Ofsted, with Behaviours and Attitudes and Personal Development judged to be “Outstanding”.
Inspectors noted that:-
- Pupils are proud to be a member of this school. They love to learn.
- Pupils take full advantage of the very broad range of extra-curricular opportunities on offer.
- Leaders are very ambitious for what pupils will learn in reading, writing and mathematics. In these subjects, pupils achieve exceptionally well.
- Staff have high expectations of pupils’ behaviour. Pupils conduct themselves extremely well.
- Leaders have designed a broad, ambitious curriculum for Years 1 to 6.
- Leaders ensure that pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND) have their needs identified quickly. Teachers adapt their implementation of the curriculum well so that pupils with SEND follow the same ambitious curriculum as their classmates.
- Pupils have extremely positive attitudes to their learning and understand the value of achieving well.
- The way that leaders cater for pupils’ personal development is exemplary. They go way beyond the expected to make sure that pupils thrive.
Cllr Margaret Harvey, Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, said:
“I was delighted to read this latest report, which rates Behaviours and Attitudes and Personal Development as Outstanding, with the Quality of Education, Leadership and Management and Early Years Provision all judged to be Good.
“Pupils love to learn and Leaders are very ambitious in terms of their curriculum and pupils’ learning and development.
“The school should be rightly proud of this report and their achievement – well done.”