If you, or someone you know, has a problem with alcohol or drugs, there is a range of help and support available.
Your GP is a good place to start. They can discuss your problems and then advise on the best course of action, including referral to specialist services.
You can also contact local drug and alcohol support services directly either online or over the phone initially with a view to discussing your needs and then arranging a face-to-face appointment.
Change Grow Live (CGL), with locations across Knowsley is the drugs and alcohol treatment provider in Knowsley.
CGL is an integrated service providing recovery services, treatment and interventions for all individuals who have substance abuse dependency or addictions. They offer a range of free services including: –
- Health screening including vaccination for BBV (blood borne viruses)
- Harm reduction advice
- Access to Dual Diagnosis Mental Health Nurses
- Foundations for Recovery (therapeutic group)
- Opiate replacement prescribing
- Young persons’ services (10-18) with access to Mental Health support.
- Recovery in the community
- Peer mentoring & volunteering opportunities
- Specialist employment and training support
- Community detox
- Inpatient detox and residential rehabilitation
- Abstinent groups
The FRANK website also has a range of useful information and support – visit www.talktofrank.com