Knowsley residents can now arrange their own blood test appointment with the launch of a new online appointment system.
Following a referral by a health professional, all adult blood test appointments can now be booked on the ‘Simply Book’ system. The system has been introduced to ease the demand on existing services, and in response to recent survey results which revealed patients would prefer to use an online booking system.
The new system provides flexibility and patient choice with time slots and different clinic sites and supplements a similar service for GPs. Patients will still be able to call to make an appointment using the Knowsley booking line on 0151 351 8530. (Monday to Friday 9am to 4.45pm).
Appointments for blood tests are available at the following clinics:
- St Chads Centre, St Chads Drive, Kirkby, L32 8RE
- Halewood Centre, Roseheath Drive, L26 9UH
- Manor Farm Primary Care Centre, Manor Farm Road, L36 0UB
- Nutgrove Villa, Westmorland Road, Huyton, L36 6GA
- Prescot Primary Care Resource Centre, Sewell Street, L34 1ND.
While the Simply Book system is restricted to adult blood tests, children aged 12-16 can get tests, via their GP, at the following Mersey Care clinics:
- Litherland Town Hall Health Centre, Hatton Hill Road, Litherland, L21 9JN (2pm to 5pm each Thursday)
- Old Swan Health Centre, Crystal Close, L13 2GA (2pm to 5pm each Wednesday)
- South Liverpool Treatment Centre, Church Road, L19 2LW (2pm to 5pm each Tuesday).
Any urgent blood tests for children will still be dealt with by Alder Hey.
For further information about the service please contact: email@example.com