Knowsley Council carried out consultation last year to help to develop The Knowsley Offer – an online resource which includes the vast range of services, support, facilities, activities and much more available to you right now. You can find out more at www.knowsleybettertogether.co.uk/theoffer
From speaking to local residents, many people are keen to play an active role in their community and get more involved in making Knowsley an even better place to live and work in.
Organisations and individuals in Knowsley have been working together more than ever before to make a difference to the place they call home. From small changes in your daily life to dedicating your time or expertise to help out a good cause – the options are endless.
You are already probably doing more than you think to support your local community but there are always opportunities to get more involved and look after your neighbourhood, including:-
- Recycle as much as you can, helping to reduce the amount of waste that goes to landfill whilst also doing your bit for the environment. Knowsley has one of the easiest recycling schemes, with all recyclable materials going in one, grey, bin. This includes food / cereal boxes, cardboard, food tins (place the lid inside), glass bottles and jars, plastic shaped bottles, paper and magazines.
- Use the recycling and waste centres – don’t be tempted to fly tip – it makes the area look untidy and can attract pests. Further information about recycling and waste centres can be found here.
- Use the litter bins provided – if you see litter, pick it up and place it in the nearest bin.
- Ensure you clean up after your dog.
- Consider carrying out your own litter pick in your street / local park or just take a bag out with you when walking and pick up any litter that you see.
- If you have large items to dispose of, the Council has a bulky waste service.
Cllr Shelley Powell, Cabinet Member for Communities and Neighbourhoods, said “If everyone played their part, think of the difference it could make in your local area. Things like recycling and picking up litter are simple things to do, but make such a big difference.
“We all want to live in clean areas and by just ensuring our own homes and streets are clear of rubbish will go a long way to keeping our neighbourhoods clean and welcoming.”
Find out how you can get involved in your local area by visiting the Get Involved section on the Knowsley Offer website.