Did you know that if you’re pregnant or have a child under 4, you might be entitled to get help to buy healthy food and milk?
The Healthy Start Scheme is an NHS scheme that helps women who are pregnant or have young children and are receiving benefits, buy foods such as milk or fruit.
If you’re eligible, you’ll be sent a Healthy Start card with money on it that you can use in some UK shops. We’ll add your benefit onto this card every 4 weeks.
You can use your card to buy:
- plain liquid cow’s milk
- fresh, frozen, and tinned fruit and vegetables
- fresh, dried, and tinned pulses
- infant formula milk based on cow’s milk
You can also use your card to collect:
- Healthy Start vitamins – these support you during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- vitamin drops for babies and young children – these are suitable from birth to 4 years old