Knowsley residents are invited to apply to take part in a free 12 week digital writing course.
Hosted by Writing on the Wall (WoW), a Liverpool-based organisation that celebrates writing, the course is aimed at those who are currently unemployed and offers local writers the chance to build their portfolio, develop key writing skills and take the next positive steps of their career.
This course starts on Tuesday 30 June 2020, with applications accepted until 12pm, Wednesday 17 June 2020.
Over 12 weeks WoW will be hosting workshops, masterclasses and social meetings with published writers and industry professionals, all offering their personal insights and tips for success. At the end of the course participants’ work is published in an anthology, which will then be sold in local bookstores, Waterstones and online.
For the first time, there will also be one-on-one mentoring support for participants with industry professionals. Write to Work features sessions on blogging, arts criticism, social media, copywriting and even writing for radio.
From the six previous Write to Work courses:
- 31% of participants went onto further education
- 35% of participants went onto became employed or self employed
- 20% started volunteering in the creative sectors
- Many participants have had work published in the Guardian, the Double Negative and many other local and national publications
- 4% of participants went onto use Writing on the Wall’s other services including Enterprise Hub which helps give free business advice and Pulp Idol writing competition as well as self-publish their own books
To be eligible to apply you must be currently unemployed, eligible to live and work in the UK, living in the Liverpool City Region, be 16 years old or older and have access to the internet.