Willow Tree Primary School in Huyton has been judged to be “Good” by Ofsted, following an inspection carried out on 27 and 28 June 2023.
The school was judged to be “Good” in all areas:-
- The quality of education
- Behaviour and attitudes
- Personal development
- Leadership and management
- Early years provision
- Overall effectiveness
Inspectors noted that:-
- The school’s motto, ‘Small school, big heart’, is evident in everything Willow Tree Primary School does for its pupils.
- Pupils are keen to share their insights into life at school.
- Leaders and staff have an excellent understanding of the school community.
- Leaders and staff are ambitious for their pupils.
- All pupils, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND), are proud of their school.
- Parents and carers are unanimous in their praise of leaders and staff.
- Staff promote the personal development of pupils well. They provide activity residentials, where pupils face new challenges, such as cooking, canoeing and climbing.
- Children in the Reception year get off to a great start in reading. They enjoy the routine of their reading lessons and are making strong progress through the reading curriculum.
- The strategic leadership of the Vantage Academy Trust has provided challenge focused on the right things. Consequently, the school is now thriving.
- Leaders have developed a strong culture of safeguarding in the school.
Cllr Margaret Harvey, Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, said:
“I was delighted to read this positive report and very well deserved outcome for Willow Tree Primary School. The school has been judged to be “Good” in all areas and it’s evident that the school’s leadership and staff work hard and support pupils to achieve their very best. The school is thriving. Well done to everyone concerned.”