People are being reminded to use NHS 111 for all non-emergency healthcare needs.
The NHS 111 service is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. You can call, go online or use the NHS App to find out:
- Where to get help for your symptom
- How to find general health information and advice
- Where to get an emergency supply of your prescribed medicine
- How to get a repeat prescription
- How to get an emergency dental appointment
If needed, NHS 111 can also arrange a call back from a nurse, doctor or paramedic or an appointment at the most appropriate local service including local pharmacies, urgent treatment centres, GP practices or A&E.
If you need urgent medical help but you’re not sure where to go, use 111 to get assessed and directed to the right place for you.
Continue to call 999 or go to A&E in an emergency when someone is seriously ill or injured and their life is at risk.