Knowsley Council is working in partnership with mental health charity Think Ahead to create opportunities for those interested in a career in mental health social work.
Think Ahead’s paid, two-year programme combines on-the-job learning, a master’s degree, and leadership training for graduates and career-changers looking to make a real difference to people with mental health needs.
The charity helps to train mental health social workers to improve mental health services and mental health outcomes for people. With a focus on personalisation and recovery, those on the programme can support people to make positive, self-directed change.
What’s on offer?
Those joining the Think Ahead programme will receive:
- training on the job, working alongside social work and mental health professionals.
- two fully funded qualifications: qualify as a social worker and earn a master’s degree from Middlesex University.
- a tax-free bursary of £18,250 for the first 14 months. They’ll then be paid a salary between £27,000 – £35,000, location and employer dependent.
The closing date for applications is 26 February 2024 and the programme starts on 8 July 2024. Each candidate will be overseen by an experienced social worker.
Applicants will need to:
- hold or be predicted an undergraduate degree certificate at minimum 2:2 with honours in a subject other than social work
- have the right to remain and work in the UK (including access to public funds) for the entire duration of the programme
- hold at least a grade C GCSE in Maths (or equivalent Level 2 qualification)
- hold at least a grade C GCSE in English or English Language (not English Literature, or equivalent Level 2 qualification)
- have a valid UK driving license and have access to a car.
Think Ahead will speak to all applicants prior to their assessment day and begin collecting information as part of the suitability checks.