The UK Government has confirmed that England will move onto Step 2 of the roadmap to recovery after data showed that the ‘four tests’ for easing restrictions have been met.
This means that the vaccine rollout has continued successfully and is providing efficient against the virus, COVID-19 infection rates are stable or falling, and there are no concerns around the risk posed by new variants.
Step 2 of the roadmap will see many of the rules set in place during Step 1 continue but with more of society opening up.
From the 12 April the following restrictions will be eased:
- Non-essential retail will reopen
- Personal care premises, such as hairdressers and nail salons, will reopen
- Public buildings, including libraries and community centres, will reopen
- Indoor leisure facilities, such as gyms, will reopen for individual or household group use
- Outdoor attractions and settings such as zoos and drive-in cinemas will reopen
- Hospitality venues will reopen outdoors and with table service only
- Self-contained accommodation such as campsites and holiday lets will reopen (only where facilities are not shared).
- Up to 30 people will be able to attend a funeral
- Up to 15 people will be able to attend weddings, receptions and other commemorative events.
There is no further easing of social contact rules. This means you can meet up as a group of six (rule of six) or two households outdoors, including private gardens, but must continue to follow guidance such as social distancing.
To support the further easing of restrictions and reopening of society, the UK Government has announced that everyone can now access regular (twice-weekly) COVID-19 testing.
There are a number of routes Knowsley residents can access tests and information can be found here.