Get close to ghouls, ghosts and wicked witches by joining one of the interactive Halloween-themed guided trails at Mill Dam Park, Kirkby.
The free ‘Haunting of Mill Dam’ event on Saturday, 28 October has been extended for a further two hours. The event will now take place from 3pm until 8pm.
This event has been organised by Knowsley Council’s Green Space Ranger Service and supported by local partners including Esposito’s Café, Mill Dam Angling Group and volunteers.
The guided trails from 3pm – 6pm are now sold out.
The additional trail organised by local volunteers and community group will run from 6pm – 8pm. This will be a self-directed trail through the park with interactive performances throughout. This event remains free to attend and from 6pm – 8pm does not require booking as the trail is self-guided following a one-way system on site.
Visitors can bring their own refreshments or Espositos cafe will be open for those wishing to buy food and drinks and use the toilet facilities. Only vendors agreed by event organisers will be attending.
Fancy dress is optional, but due to the event being outdoors, those attending are advised to dress appropriately for the weather. For further information email: email@example.com
Knowsley’s Cabinet Member for Communities and Neighbourhoods, Cllr Shelley Powell said: “This event is just one of a full programme of ‘spooktacular’, free activities for children and families put together by our Green Space Rangers and partners. While there’s a Halloween theme the emphasis is very much on having fun and there’s sure to be something for everyone to enjoy this autumn half term!”
Event information update
Please note the following event information:
- The park and surrounding areas will be extremely busy throughout the day, it will remain open to the public with all entrances available but we ask all site visitors to please follow the on-site directions and instructions.
- For the duration of the ‘Haunting of Mill Dam’ events, fancy dress is optional, but due to the event being outdoors, those attending are advised to dress appropriately for the weather and bring torches for additional lighting.
- ‘The Haunting of Mill Dam’ guided trail activities run from 3pm – 6pm are now sold out. We recommend any families with young children who have not booked between 3-6pm to get in touch to see how we can accommodate. Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The interactive trail will continue to take place in the dark and be scarier than the day-time trail.
- There will be an event control station located outside Espocito’s café for general enquiries, welfare, first aid and lost/found children. During the day trail, this will be the registration for anyone attending the guided walks where you will be issued a wristband for the time you have booked. We will have available wristbands throughout the day for emergency contact details for children. Members of Council staff will be on site throughout for all enquiries.
- We ask participants to attend on foot or using public transport with access from Kirkby Train Station or buses 133 or 217 that stop along Mill Lane.
- Parking at Mill Dam, Mill Lane will only be for Blue-Badge Holders and is extremely limited. We are asking participants for the duration of events to please park at the following:
a. Kirkby Train Station and access the park from Glovers Brow down Mill Lane.
b. Kirkby Town Centre and access the park via Millbrook Millennium Green and Mill Lane.
- Please do not park on Mill Lane – Emergency Vehicles, buses and other road users must be able to access the main road at all times.
- Residential parking notices will be in force in the following areas:
a. Pennine Way, Deerbolt Crescent, Hillpark Crescent, Windermere Drive, Bassenthwaite Avenue, Bearwood Road.
- Medical information: as part of the interactive performances from 6pm – 8pm, smoke machines and strobe lighting are in use. Those with medical conditions affected by the decorations do so at their own risk.
Don’t miss out on even more fun at free events at parks and community venues across Knowsley this half term.