Six schools in Knowsley have been shortlisted for a total of eight awards in the prestigious Educate Awards 2019.
Now in their eighth year, the awards are the largest education awards in the North West.
There are 21 awards up for grabs in this year’s event, which takes place on Friday 15 November at Liverpool Anglican Cathedral.
The schools shortlisted in Knowsley are as follows, which also includes Northwood Community Primary who are shortlisted in a new award for this year – the Mental Health and Wellbeing Award for a school’s commitment to promoting social and emotional wellbeing, mental health and wellness:-
- Evelyn Community Primary School – I Eco School Project of the Year
- Halewood Church of England Primary School – Spirt of Enterprise Award
- Plantation Primary School – SEND Provision Award
- Northwood Community Primary School – Mental Health and Wellbeing Award
- Halewood Church of England Primary School – Outstanding Commitment to Sport in Primary School
- Plantation Primary School – Outstanding Commitment to Sport in Primary School
- Knowsley Lane Primary School – Leadership Team of the Year
- Kirkby High School – Wow Recognition Award
Cllr Margaret Harvey, Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, said “I’m delighted that six of our schools have been shortlisted for these prestigious. We have some great examples of education achievement here in Knowsley which were showcased at our own Education Awards in June. Good luck to all of our shortlisted schools for the awards ceremony next month.”