From 12 April, hospitality venues across Knowsley will reopen for outdoor table service. This is great news for our local bars, pubs and restaurants who have been hit very hard by the pandemic.
To help reduce the risk of the virus spreading, the venues will open under strict rules at first with table service only in outdoor hospitality settings. However, as we move down the roadmap to recovery these rules will gradually loosen as per Government guidance, and when it is safe to do so.
Staff in pubs, bars and restaurants have worked incredibly hard over the past few weeks in preparation and will continue to work hard to make sure that they provide the best possible service.
However, we must also work hard and ensure that we all play a positive role in the success of the reopening of our hospitality venues. We’re urging everyone to ensure that they:
- Follow all guidance set out by the venue when entering and moving around
- Wear a face covering (unless exempt) when moving away from your table to go indoors
- Only meet up with 6 people (rule of six) or one other household
- Use the NHS Trace and Trace app
- Do not attempt to go to the bar
- Do not move from table to table or group to group
- Use hand sanitizer regularly and maintain social distancing
Knowsley residents are also urged to take up regular (twice weekly) testing to support the borough’s recovery efforts and ensure that we continue to move along the Government’s recovery. 1 in3 people with COVID-19 do not experience symptoms so it is important these cases are identified as more of society opens up. You can find out more about regular testing here.