The new academic year has begun across Knowsley and everyone can play their part in ensuring we can maintain safe learning environments.
In the weeks leading up to the new academic year Knowsley Council has been promoting their ‘Remember for September’ campaign, providing a handy guide to returning to education settings for parents and carers.
With new precautions around coronavirus to consider for our schools, colleges and other education settings, everyone can play their part in preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Schools have played their part by ensuring the school building is COVID-secure and parents / carers are asked to play their part by:
• Arriving at the time you’ve been advised and not any earlier to prevent groups gathering
• Leaving the school grounds as soon as your child has been dropped off or picked up
• Maintaining social distancing where possible – keep 2m apart from others
• Adults should wear a face covering where social distancing is not possible
• Follow procedures set by the school and check for regular updates
Cllr Margaret Harvey, Knowsley Council Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, said: “The Council has worked with schools and other education providers to ensure safe environments for everyone. If everyone follows the guidance and procedures set out by our schools, then we can help stop the spread of coronavirus and help prevent further disruption to the education of our children and young people. Remember to play your part and support your school by following the advice they have issued.”