Residents across the Liverpool City Region will be able to attend a number of events in the coming weeks as part of the Government’s Event Research Programme (ERP).
The events will provide the scientific evidence for the further reopening of the cultural and business sectors in line with the roadmap to recovery.
There are four events taking place in Liverpool that are part of the programme and those attending must consent to being part of the study and undertaking the testing requirements.
Attendees must take a Lateral Flow COVID-19 test up to 24 hours before the event . This must be taken at one of the designated test centres in Liverpool:
- Exhibition Centre Liverpool, King’s Dock, L3 4FP
- Liverpool One, Unit 73, L1 8BU Liverpool FC
- Anfield Stadium, Anfield Road, L4 0TH
- Liverpool Tennis Centre, Wavertree Sports Park, L15 4LE
If you receive a negative test result, your e-ticket will be automatically activated. All test results are directly linked to the ticket.
Attendees will also be asked to take an at-home PCR test on the day of the event and five days after the event. This is critical for the event research data required by the scientists and we would urge everyone to ensure that play their role by providing this information.
As part of the study, there will be no social distancing at the events.
The programme will test specific settings to collect evidence and best practice. They will also test elements such as layout of the venue, face coverings and ventilation. The study of each event will be overseen by a team of researchers who will be closely monitoring audience movements and interactions.
Transport to and from events; duration of events and catering and alcohol will also be factors that are looked at.
The events taking in place in Liverpool are (click the link for tickets):
- The Good Business Festival Presents: Change Business for Good – Wednesday 28 April
- Circus Club – Fri 30 April & Sat 1 May
- Sefton Park Pilot music festival – Sun 2 May
- The Luna Cinema on the Waterfront – Friday14, Saturday 15 and Sunday 16 May
Residents can only attend the events if they meet the following criteria:
- Be over 18
- Be living in the Liverpool City Region
- Be registered to a GP in the Liverpool City Region
- Receive a negative Lateral Flow Test the day before the event from a testing centre
- Be healthy and showing no sign of Covid-19 Symptoms
It is advised that those who are clinically vulnerable, live with/or are shielding and those who are pregnant do not attend.
A full FAQ for the research programme can be viewed here.