All this week, we’re looking at the positive impact of the Strategy for Knowsley on you, your family and your community.
It sets out six key priorities for the borough between now and 2020 and today we start by focusing on education.
The Knowsley Partnership has set out a vision for education in the borough in 2020 in which:
- More schools have good or outstanding leadership and management;
- Fewer pupils are absent from school;
- More pupils achieve 5 or more A*-C grades at GCSE or equivalent;
- More children achieve a good level of development at Early Years Foundation Stage;
- There is an increased number of residents with Level 3 skills; and
- More people take up higher and advanced apprenticeships.
Paul Boyce is the Executive Director (Children) at Knowsley Council and explains how those aims will be achieved:
Read the Strategy for Knowsley 2016-2020.