A number of Knowsley students have gone on to achieve great things and picked up outstanding Level 3 results last week.
A total of 246 Knowsley students received their Level 3 (A Levels / BTECs) results at neighbouring Carmel College yesterday – which has been named as one of the top 3 Sixth Forms in the country. The pass rate for these students was 92.2%. In addition, 83.5% of Knowsley students achieved grades A* to C – compared to the North West average of 63.3%. Key achievers included:-
- Zilvinas Vielavicius, who attended Kirkby High School and lives in Kirkby, achieved A Criminology, A* Law, A Sociology
- Kyle Hinton Landy, who attended St Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic Academy and lives in Whiston, achieved A* English Language, A* French and A* History
- Isaac Mumtaz-Wong who attended Lord Derby Academy and lives in Huyton, achieved A Physics, A Maths, A Chemistry
In addition, students who attended St Helens and Knowsley Community College were also celebrating including:-
- Scott Evans, who attended Kirkby High School, achieved 3 Distinctions in his BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Business. Scott has now secured a place at Liverpool John Moores University studying Accountancy and Finance.
- Alex Saunders, who attended The Prescot School, achieved 3 Distinction *’s after completing the BTEC Level 3 Photography course.
- Jack Sweeney, who attended St Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic Academy, achieved 3 Distinction *’s after completing the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art and Design.
A number of Knowsley students studied at Cronton College and notable results included:-
- Holly Ramsden, who attended Halewood Academy, and achieved two Distinction *’s and a B in Digital Built Environment. Holly is now progressing to a Quantity Surveyor Degree Apprenticeship with Balfour Beatty.
- Rhianna McEwen, who attended St Edmund Arrowsmith Catholic Academy, achieved an A* Psychology, B Music and B Biology and has secured a place at the University of Sheffield to study BMedSci Speech and Language Therapy.
- Megan Buchanan, who studied at Halewood Academy, achieved an A* History, A English Language and A Sociology and has secured a place at the University of Leeds, studying History.
- Olivia Deveney, who studies at Halewood Academy, achieved an A* Psychology, A Economics and A Maths and has secured a place at the University of Liverpool studying Maths.
Cllr Margaret Harvey, Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, said “These are fantastic results and clearly shows the range of opportunities our post 16 learners have to progress and achieve. As well as attending college and studying for Level 3 qualifications such as A Levels and BTECs, many school leavers have also enjoyed success by securing Apprenticeships and benefitting from work experience, whilst also earning a wage and gaining a qualification.
“The opportunities are vast here in Knowsley and we are lucky to have such prestigious further education learning establishments on our doorstep.
“I’m delighted to hear about some of the achievements and the fantastic grades that our school leavers have secured. Well done.”
You can find more about post-16 opportunities on Knowsley News.