If you’re looking for a one-stop-shop of useful information about services and support for families, including disabled children and young people, then look no further than the Knowsley Family Information Service (FIS) website.
The site – www.knowsleyinfo.co.uk – provides details on local and national organisations and services offering advice and support for children and young people aged 0-19 (up to 25 for disabled young people), their parents and carers, as well as the professionals working with families.
The website features eight sections covering a wide range of services:
- Knowsley’s Local Offer – support and information for children and young people with Special Educational Needs or Disabilities (SEND) and their families.
- Knowsley Early Help – everything from parenting support, help for young carers to debt and housing advice and health services.
- Childcare & Early Education – information about free childcare for two, three and four year olds, as well as childcare training opportunities.
- Advice and Information – adoption and fostering advice, Children’s Centres and carers, child protection and safety, internet safety, legal help, benefits and much more.
- Education, Employment and Learning – includes local schools and SEND schools outside Knowsley, plus post 16 Learning and employment advice.
- Health, Wellbeing and Care – has links to bereavement and counselling services, domestic abuse support, plus NHS services.
- Transport, Housing and Community Services – this section includes information about transport for children and young people with SEND, local community groups, as well as housing support advice.
- Play and Leisure, includes a link to Places to go, Things to do and the Local Offers Short Breaks Service and Children’s Centres.
- For further information about the website and services contact Knowsley FIS on 0151 443 3247 or by email at email@example.com