Five Knowsley businesses have made it to the shortlist for the Merseyside Independent Business (MIB) Awards 2018 following a record number of entries.
The MIB Awards is organised by Morecrofts Solicitors and headline sponsored by Liverpool BID Company. The shortlist and eventual winners are decided by an independent panel of judges drawn from within the regional business community.
Now in its sixth year, the awards aim to celebrate the achievements of local entrepreneurs and independent businesses and showcase the enduring impact they have on the regional economy.
The five shortlisted Knowsley nominees are:
- Rachael Forshaw at Sovereign Transport Services – shortlisted for Business Person of the Year;
- Suites Hotel & Spa – shortlisted in two categories for the Best Place to Stay and for Employer of the Year;
- Social enterprise, First Ark – shortlisted for The Community Impact Award;
- Online security specialist, Nexus Protect – shortlisted in the Best Start Up category, and
- Citrus Electrical – shortlisted for the Trades or Manufacturing Business of the Year.
Walton Flooring Centre, who have premises in Huyton are also shortlisted for the Retailer of the Year award.
Alison Lobb, managing partner at Morecrofts Solicitors, said: “The judges were blown away yet again this year by the incredible volume and quality of nominated businesses.
“Not only do we have the largest number of nominations to date and an increasing number of businesses promoting a healthy lifestyle, but it is also especially pleasing to see such a wide spread of shortlisted businesses from every corner of Merseyside.
“The MIB Awards is evidence that our independent community remains in good health and continues to provide the region’s commercial backbone.”
The full shortlist is on the MIB website and the winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on Thursday 18 October.