All of your favourite food stalls at Kirkby Market have been awarded the best possible five star rating for food hygiene.
The great news for customers comes at the start of national Food Safety Week (4-10 July).
It means every single food outlet on the market has been rated “very good” after inspections by food safety officers.
What do the hygiene ratings mean?
The inspections assess:
- How hygienically food is prepared, cooked, cooled and stored
- The condition of the structure of the market stall
- How the business manages and records what it does to make sure food is safe
Martin Davies runs Martin’s Deli at Kirkby Market. He said:
“It’s great news that all traders at Kirkby Market have received the five star hygiene rating.
“We’ve all put a lot of effort in to get these ratings and there’s a lot of detail we have to go into, so it’s nice that we have all been rewarded in this way. It’s a massive reassurance for all of our customers and they can check our hygiene ratings both on the stalls and online.”
Which stalls have received the five star rating?
Every food stall and café at the market has received the maximum score. They are:
- Aintree Cakes (Stall 58)
- Blundell’s Fruit and Veg (Stalls 34 – 35)
- Fuel Stop Café (Stall 1)
- James Jones Butchers (Stall 18)
- Martin’s Deli (Stalls 29 – 30)
- Mike’s Deli (Stall 72)
- Oscar’s Sweets (Stall 95)
- Paul’s Fresh Fish (Stall 7)
- Takers Fruit and Veg (Stalls 5-6)
- Woolvine Meats (Stalls 15-28)
How do I check the food hygiene ratings for all other food businesses in Knowsley?
You can find out the food hygiene ratings for all Knowsley food businesses via the Food Standards Agency website. Just search for the name of the business and you will find details of their most recent inspection.
Businesses may also choose to display their current food hygiene rating on a sticker on the premises.