Knowsley Council held its Annual Meeting this afternoon (Friday, 19 May 2023).
Councillors re-elected Cllr Graham Morgan as Leader of the Council, along with Cllr Eddie Connor as the Mayor of Knowsley for the municipal year 2023/2024.
The council’s Cabinet was also confirmed today, and councillors were appointed to various committees and advisory and working groups.
Knowsley Council’s Cabinet were confirmed as follows:
- Leader of Knowsley Council – Cllr Graham Morgan
- Deputy Leader and Cabinet Member for Children’s Services – Cllr Margaret Harvey
- Cabinet Member for Adult Social Care – Cllr Del Arnall
- Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Economic Development – Cllr Tony Brennan
- Cabinet Member for Health – Cllr Christine Bannon
- Cabinet Member for Resources – Cllr Jayne Aston
- Cabinet Member for Communities and Neighbourhoods – Cllr Shelley Powell
Cllr Graham Morgan said: “I am extremely proud and privileged to have been re-appointed as Leader of this Council.
“The past five years have seen us face some of the biggest challenges in our borough’s history – namely the COVID pandemic and now the cost of living crisis.
“At the same time we’ve taken huge steps forward – for example, delivering the new Shakespeare North Playhouse and the redevelopment of Kirkby Town Centre.
“As we move forward, we still have huge ambitions for the whole borough, to bring prosperity and opportunity for all, whilst continuing our Knowsley Better Together ethos which enables us to support the most vulnerable, too.”