Take advantage of the free activities and courses FACE Forward are offering as part of a study, and help yourself in improving your mental health.
FACE Forward is a project that is part of a national research study measuring the impact of learning on mental-being.
You would be perfectly suited to the project if you are:
- Aged 19 or over and are experiencing any degree of mild to moderate mental health issue
- Interested in learning-based opportunities or activities to help improve your understanding and awareness of mental health issues
- Looking to self-manage your journey of recovery and are interested in getting involved in learning based activities
- Someone who has lived the experience, is on the way to recovery, and interested in finding out if education aids mental health recovery
The support offered will have a focus on self-management so that you are able to become better at dealing with the challenges you face, or have faced, due to mental health.
Engaging in a learning activity can help you to:
- Improve health and well-being
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Improve confidence, self-esteem and self-worth
- Become more independent
- Return to employment or training
- Support positive re-engagement with family and/or active participation in community life
Activities on offer by FACE Forward:
- Apps and IT for Wellbeing
- Create a Better you through Crafts (Pottery/Art/Sewing/Jewellery/Card making/Cake Decorating)
- Improving Confidence and Communication
- Discover Yourself through Family/Local History
- English and Maths
- FACE Forward through Flowers
- Living Life Well
- Portray a Better you through Photography
- Reading Support
- Reduce Anxiety with Health and Safety/Possibly Mentoring for Wellbeing
- Volunteering as an Expert by Experience
FACE Forward activities are 12 hours long and you will attend a three hour mandatory FACE Forward welcome session. After you have completed a FACE Forward activity, you will be able to progress onto any FACE course and you will be fully supported in making your next steps.
These are just some of the courses you can progress onto:
- Level 1 Award in Creative Craft
- Level 2 Certificate in Creative Craft
- Functional Skills ICT at Entry Level and Level 1
- Level 1 Award in Photography
- Level 2 Certificate in Photography
- GCSE’s in English and Maths
- Level 2 Certificate in Mental Health Awareness
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling
- Level 1 Award in Mentoring
In 2017, FACE Forward will be delivering their mental health and wellbeing courses in medical centres throughout the borough.
The aim is to address peoples mental health issues in the heart of our communities by enabling people to access their courses at the first point of access through their respective GP’s.
FACE Forward have venues across Knowsley; there are multiple venues in Huyton, Kirkby, Halewood, Prescot, Stockbridge Village and Whiston.
If you are interested in FACE Forward, you are welcome to attend an informal welcome session to find out more about the activities you can participate in by contacting one of the team.
For any more information about FACE Forward or to arrange a welcome session, you can contact
Barbara on 07500 818 103 or email@example.com
Alex on 07717301356 or firstname.lastname@example.org
More information can be found on the FACE website
If you wish to find out information on the full range of adult education courses that FACE offer, please call 0151 443 2026 / 0151 443 2066 / 0151 443 2067