As part of its ambitious 10 year development plan for Huyton, Knowsley Council completed the purchase of the multi-storey car park in December 2022. The purchase also includes 10 retail units and the former market hall, located at Lansdowne Way Shopping Centre.
In just two months, the council has already invested in the installation of lighting, both internal (within the stairwells) and external (by the entrance and exit of the car park) as well as general maintenance works including cleaning and painting the stairwells.
This week, the installation of CCTV has been completed at the site. Six cameras in and around the car park and Lansdowne Way are monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This is in addition to the Security Officer, who patrols the car park from 1pm until 7pm Monday to Friday.
The car park currently provides free short and long-stay parking in the heart of the village centre for over 280 vehicles.
Huyton multi-storey car park is open six days a week from 7am until 7pm Monday to Saturday.
This is a prime site in the heart of the village centre providing valuable parking provision for the town. In the coming months, the council will be improving connectivity to the high street with the aim of re-opening Lansdowne Way, which will make coming to Huyton Village Centre even more convenient.
Technical investigations are now underway to help inform future options for the site, with the main aim of helping to better re-connect this key site with the high street.
Huyton’s development plan has been progressing over the last few years which has seen:-
- 14 shop fronts benefitting from a contemporary makeover including new windows, doors, signage and lighting
- A growing food and drink offer with an emerging night-time offer
- Social enterprise Make CIC will be opening a maker space in the heart of the village centre over the coming months, occupying the former Boots building
- Key sites primed and ready for investment (including the former Venue site as well as the council’s former Yorkon Building)
- The acquisition of key sites to support the council’s 10 year development plan, including the multi-storey car park and the former post office building
- The appointment of a development management partner, Genr8, to help to progress the development plan
- A gateway lighting project completed at St Michael’s Church and the Archway Road bridge
Cllr Tony Brennan, Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Economic Development, said: “The purchase of the multi-storey car park has been a key priority of us. It occupies a prime site in the village centre and under our management, we’ve been able to make some much-needed improvements at this site as a first step.
“We are committed to delivering our ambitious plans for Huyton Village Centre and I look forward to seeing Lansdowne Way opening over the coming months as well as receiving options for how we can transform and improve the multi-storey car park site in the longer term.”
If you are interested in trading opportunities at Lansdowne Way, please contact the Invest Knowsley Team on 0151 477 4000 or email email@example.com.