Almost three years ago, Knowsley Council asked people who live, work or visit Huyton to share their views to help to shape the Council’s ambitious plans for Huyton.
Three years’ ago, you said:-
- You wanted improvements made to the general environment and attractiveness of Huyton Village Centre.
- You wanted CCTV in the area.
- You wanted a better offer and choice in terms of food / drink outlets.
- You welcomed the introduction of events such as Foodie Friday.
Over the last three years:-
- 14 shop fronts have had a contemporary makeover including the installation of new windows, doors, signage and lighting
- CCTV has been installed in the village centre and is monitored 24/7
- A number of new eateries have opened their doors including The Coffee House, Eton Place, El Pueblo, Common, Dani’s and La Vita with more planned to open
- Whilst Huyton Live has taken a break due to the pandemic, it will return on Friday 24 September, along with an Artisan and Craft Market on Saturday 25 September
The Council also has an ambitious 10 year development plan for Huyton, but it is now asking for your views once more to check that the plan meets current needs.
Cllr Tony Brennan, Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Economic Development, said: “Work is well underway on our transformation plans for Huyton. To help us to accelerate these plans, we have submitted a £20m bid to the Government’s Levelling Up Fund. In the meantime, its important that we check people’s views and needs and I appreciate things can change over a three year period, particularly when you include a pandemic too which I know has affected what people do and how they do it. Please spare a few moments to share your views and help us to shape our plans for Huyton.”
The online survey can be accessed here and the closing date for responses is 5pm on Monday 4 October 2021.
Alternatively, you can request a hard copy of the survey by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.