If someone you know is interested in using the council’s online services but feels unable to for any reason, let them know that support is out there to help.
Perhaps they haven’t got access to a computer at home, or don’t feel confident using the internet?
Whatever the reason that is stopping them from going online, the council is ready to help. From public PCs they can use to free IT courses, it’s all available in Knowsley!
Free use of PCs
Across Knowsley, there are many places where you can use equipment and get online for free. This includes:
· All of the council’s One Stop Shops (in Halewood, Huyton, Kirkby and Prescot)
· All of the council’s libraries located in Halewood, Huyton, Kirkby, Prescot and Stockbridge Village
· Kirkby Leisure Centre, Halewood Leisure Centre, Knowsley Leisure & Culture Park
Free IT courses
A range of free digital skills courses, targeted to each individual’s needs, are available across Knowsley. Whether you’re a complete beginner or just need a confidence boost to get online, there is something for everyone!
Drop-in sessions take place throughout the week on the following days:
Halewood Library, The Halewood Centre, Roseheath Drive, L26 9HU – Mondays 10am – 12.30pm
Huyton Library, Civic Way, Huyton, L36 9GD – Tuesdays, 10am – 12.30pm
Southdene Community Centre, Broad Lane, Kirkby, L32 6QG – Tuesdays, 1.30pm – 4pm
Mackets Education Centre, Arncliffe Road, Halewood, L25 9PB – Wednesdays 9.30am – 12pm
The Hub, The Croft, Stockbridge Village, L28 1NR – Wednesdays, 9.15am – 11.45am
The Gate Community Centre, Princess Drive, Huyton, L14 9NQ, Thursdays, 9.30am – 12pm
St Johns Info Zone, Manor Farm Road, Huyton, L36 0UB, Thursdays 1-4pm
Kirkby Library, The Kirkby Centre, Norwich Way, L32 8XY, Fridays 10am – 12.30pm
Free WiFi in Knowsley
Free WiFi is available in a number of hotspots across Knowsley including Kirkby, Prescot and Halewood One Stop Shops, libraries and leisure centres. Use them to get online using your tablet, mobile phone or laptop while you’re out and about.
A helping hand
From paying your Council Tax online to submitting a planning application, staff in the council’s One Stop Shops are on hand to help guide your through the process.
Plus, our new online chat will be coming soon to www.knowsley.gov.uk
Being online has a range of benefits including:-
· It’s free!
· There are no queues
· You can liaise with organisations at a date, time and location to suit you
· It’s quicker
· You can access discounts that are only available online
· You can keep in touch with family and friends at the touch of a button
· You can search for a range of things in the comfort of your own home or while you’re on the go – from houses to job, the latest local and national news to doing your supermarket shop, it’s all available at the touch of a button!
Discover what you can do online
Whether it’s convenience, speed, social or financial reasons for going online, the council can help you get there!