Halewood residents, businesses and visitors are invited to have their say on major investment proposals for the town.
The Halewood Investment Masterplan builds on the feedback from residents on recent consultations and aims to meet the aspirations of the community by creating a sustainable neighbourhood, enabling all residents to access recreation and leisure facilities, and more sustainable transport connections. It will also facilitate the expansion of Halewood’s retail and leisure offer.
You can have your say on the proposals here.
It is an exciting time for Halewood, with a combined £30m investment package being invested in the town in the coming years.
Last year Knowsley Council secured £15.3m from the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities to complement and enhance the significant package of investment already taking place in Halewood.
The Levelling Up funding will be used to facilitate an expansion of Halewood’s retail offer, improve greenspaces and sports/leisure facilities, as well as funding improvements to walking and cycling connectivity throughout the town and to employment areas.
In addition to this, Knowsley Council has secured around £13m in Section 106 contributions from developers delivering the East of Halewood housing development. This investment is already being ploughed into improved services and facilities in Halewood.
A further £2.5m has also been secured from the City Region Sustainable Travel Settlement for additional highways improvement works.
The Investment Masterplan includes the following proposals:
- Transforming Grace Park (Wood Road) and adjacent Greengates into a high quality (potentially Green Flag status) multi-use park with new play areas, walkways, wetlands, wildlife and meadow areas and also creating a link between Wood Road and Halewood shopping centre
- Improving facilities at Halewood Leisure Centre and creating new outdoor sports facilities
- Improvements to walking and cycling routes across Halewood
- A potential expansion of Halewood’s retail and leisure offer.
Cllr Tony Brennan, Cabinet Member for Regeneration and Economic Development, said: “These are really exciting times for Halewood. Halewood will become greener, cleaner and more accessible and a more attractive place for residents, businesses and visitors alike as a result of this investment. I would urge as many people as possible to take part in the investment masterplan consultation and have their say on the proposals put forward.”
Have your say
You can have your say on the proposals between Friday 19 January and Friday 9 February.
To take part in the consultation you can complete a short survey online, which you can find on the Knowsley Council website.
Alternatively, you can attend one of the in-person consultation events taking place in Halewood:
- New Hutte Community Centre, Tuesday 23 January between 8am-1pm
- Halewood Leisure Centre, Saturday 27 January between 8am-1pm; Wednesday 31 January between 5.30pm-9pm
- Halewood Shopping Centre (mobile unit), Saturday 3 February between 9am-2pm
- Halewood Environment Centre, Monday 5 February between 9am-12pm
- Hollies Hall, Thursday 8 February between 1-6pm
Paper copies of the consultation are also available on request from Halewood Library, Halewood Leisure Centre and New Hutte community Centre.