Last year an army of volunteers helped to deliver a jam-packed programme of events during Knowsley’s year as the Liverpool City Region Borough of Culture. Now, Knowsley Council’s Culture Team are looking for new recruits to get involved and support this year’s cultural programme.
Volunteers have a front row seat to all of the amazing things happening across the borough in 2023, from the much-loved Knowsley Flower Show and Feelgood Festival on 5 & 6 August, and the return of the Serious Nonsense Festival from 11 – 13 August, to art exhibitions, open air performances, music events and more! No previous knowledge or experience is required, just enthusiasm and an interest in being part of something really special.
- Are you interested in the arts, music, the environment, sport, people, and places?
- Do you enjoy social events – being part of something? Sharing an experience?
- Do you have skills you would like to share?
Find out what last year’s volunteers thought of the role:
Cllr Shelley Powell, Cabinet Member for Communities and Neighbourhoods said: “Knowsley is a place with a huge appetite for culture and events. We’ve got some absolutely wonderful things on the horizon this year and volunteering is a great opportunity to be at the very heart of those magical moments.”
What’s in it for you?
- Get priority tickets to attend artistic and cultural events and experiences
- Make new friends and have fun
- Gain confidence
- Develop professional skills and experience and a reference for your CV
- Access training opportunities
- An end of year celebration for all of our amazing volunteers
In return you will receive full training a limited-edition volunteer t-shirt and your expenses will be covered.
If you’d like to sign up to be a Culture Volunteer or would like some more information about the role, contact Carla Simkin by email at Carla.firstname.lastname@example.org or on 07810054131