National kinship care charity Grandparents Plus is offering dedicated, free support, information, and advice for kinship carers across the borough who are raising children on a special guardianship order.
Special guardians may be feeling overwhelmed about their situation, particularly as a result of a difficult year for everyone, or just need someone to talk to who understands what they’re going through.
Within three working days, you can speak to a friendly, independent and specialist project worker who understands everything you’re going through as a special guardian. They’ll help you with problems you are experiencing, including:
- managing children at home during lockdown
- contact with birth parents
- learning digital skills to connect online via WhatsApp video, Zoom or Skype
- joining a support group online
- finding and applying for any financial support available to you
This free service is available to any special guardian living in Knowsley.
Complete their online form and a Grandparents Plus team member will be in touch to help within three days.