Eligible businesses forced to close as a result of the latest national lockdown and Tier 3 restrictions can now access financial support from Knowsley Council.
The eligibility for the Local Restrictions Support Grant has been amended to assist businesses that had been legally required to close due to the national restrictions introduced from 5 November 2020.
To qualify for the Local Restrictions Support Grant from Knowsley Council the business must be based in Knowsley and have been:
- Legally required to close due to national restrictions imposed by the Government, as a result of regulations made under the Public Health (Control of Disease) Act 1984
- Registered for the payment of non-domestic rates for the premises as at 5 November 2020
- Have been open and trading as usual immediately before the national restrictions were applied (unless subject to closure from 14 October 2020 under the previous Tier 3 local restrictions for Liverpool City Region)
- Have been providing services in person to customers from the premises prior to the introduction of the restrictions.
Businesses closed due to Tier 3 restrictions
The Local Restrictions Support Grant was initially introduced to assist businesses that had been legally required to close due to the Government’s Tier 3 local restrictions, which were introduced in Liverpool City Region from 14 October 2020.
This specific part of the scheme ceased on 4 November 2020, as the national restrictions were introduced the following day. However, payments will still be backdated where businesses satisfy the eligibility criteria.
As with businesses affected by the national lockdown, businesses must have been open up to the point the restrictions were introduced to be eligible. To be eligible, all businesses must have been legally required to close as a result of the restrictions.
- Pubs and bars
- Betting shops
- Adult gaming centres and casinos
- Children’s soft play centres (from 24 October 2020 only)
- Some sports facilities (subject to exemptions for elite sport, activities for children and disability sport).
To find more information and to make an application visit https://www.knowsley.gov.uk/business-grants-for-coronavirus