If you, or anyone in your household, starts to experience symptoms, it is important that you isolate and book a test. The main COVID-19 symptoms are a high temperature, a new continuous cough and a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste.
Knowsley residents have access to a range of testing sites across the borough and can also book a home test if they are unable to travel.
There are three Local Test Sites in Kirkby, Huyton and Stockbridge Village. These are walk-through testing sites, which mean that they can be used by residents who do not have access to a car. Appointments need to be made in advance.
We are also operating mobile testing units in Kirkby, Huyton and Halewood.
Residents with access to a car can travel to any of the drive through Regional Testing Centres.
When booking a test you will be given availability for all your nearest test centres and you can then choose which is most convenient for you.
All centres require you to book a test in advance. You can do this online https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or by calling 119.
You can also help stop the spread of the virus by taking precautions such as:
- Regularly wash your hands for at least 20 seconds
- Adhere to social distancing and keep a 2m distance between you and others
- Wear a face covering in shops and other public spaces
- If you can work from home, you should
- Limit interactions with others – we know that the virus is easily transmitted from person to person so protect yourself and those around you. Currently, you are unable to mix with people from other households in any indoor setting or private garden.
- Keep rooms well ventilated when having visitors, such as tradespeople and those in your bubble