Forecasted good weather and the easing of restrictions a few weeks ago, means it is set to be a great weekend to enjoy Knowsley’s hospitality venues, visit attractions and meet up with friends and family.
However, it is important this is done safely. Although COVID-19 infection rates remain low across the borough and the wider city region, the pandemic is not over, and the virus is still in circulation.
It is only by following the latest rules and guidance, isolating if experiencing symptoms or having tested positive, and getting the vaccine when invited, that we can ensure we move to final step of the Government’s roadmap to recovery.
What can I do this weekend?
- You can meet up to six friends and family (rule of six), or two households, indoors or up to 30 people outside. Read our guidance on meeting up safely here.
- Enjoy indoor hospitality. You can visit Knowsley bars and restaurants, both inside and outside. Read our guide on the reopening of hospitality.
- Stay over night at a hotel, B&B or private accommodation. Restrictions such as the rule six will apply.
- Visit indoor entertainment and attractions such as cinemas, soft play centres
- Enjoy shopping on our highstreets at all stores, including nonessential retail.
You can read the full list of rules on the Government’s website.
How can I do this safely?
Just remembering to continue those behaviours that are we have learnt over the past year can help reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19. This means:
- Washing your hands
- Wearing a face covering
- Keeping your distance
We would also urge you to:
- Download the NHS app to check into venues or make sure you provide your details for Track and Trace
- In some settings, there will be specific guidance that you will need to follow even when you are with friends and family. This is important to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 to other people such as staff and other members of the public. You should always follow guidance associated with the setting you are in (for example in education, health, or care settings).
- Get tested before you meet up. There are a number of ways you can access rapid testing in Knowsley, find out more.
- Minimise the amount of different people you come into contact with and think before having close personal contact with someone more at risk to COVID-19.
COVID-secure rules, including social distancing requirements, continue to apply in the workplace, and in businesses and public venues. This guidance does not affect a site owner’s responsibility to calculate the number of people that can be accommodated with social distancing in place.