If your child is two years old, you could you be eligible for free childcare in a nursery or with a childminder.
During term-time up to 15 hours of free childcare may be accessed, or the place can be spread over 50 weeks which works out as up to 11½ hours per week.
If your family currently gets any of the following benefits you may be entitled to a free place:
• Income Support
• Universal Credit
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
• Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit and have an annual income that is not more than £16,190
• You get Working Tax Credits and earn no more than £16,190 a year, (please refer to your Tax Credit breakdown TC602)
• The child has a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an Education, Health Care plan
• The child receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
• The child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or residence order
Find out more
To find out more about how a place could benefit your child or to apply for a place, contact your health visiting team or local children’s centre. If you need help contacting your health visiting team, call the Knowsley Early Years Childcare Information Service on 0800 085 2022 (option 1) or 0151 443 5635.