Most of us like to indulge over Christmas – and so do our dogs, but you need to make sure they stick to dog-friendly treats.
The Dogs Trust share examples of things your dog might encounter over the festive period which are not safe for them to eat.
- Grapes, raisins or sultanas (& wine)
- Chocolate – don’t forget chocolate decorations on the tree are easy pickings
- Macadamia nuts
- Mince pies & Christmas pudding
- Rich fatty foods/fat trimmings
- Cooked bones from Christmas meats
- Holly berries
- Xylitol – an artificial sweetener found in some sugar-free foods
For further advice on keeping your dog safe this Christmas and a full list of items poisonous to your dog follow this link to the Dog’s Trust website.