Eligible Knowsley residents can now get their COVID-19 Spring Booster vaccination and ensure they are protected from the virus.
Booster doses are an important part of protecting yourself from COVID-19 if you are at higher risk from severe COVID-19.
Like some other vaccines, levels of protection may decline over time. Booster doses help boost your antibodies and give you good protection from becoming seriously ill or needing to go to hospital if you catch COVID-19.
Who is eligible:
You will be contacted by the NHS if you’re eligible for the spring booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccination.
You may be offered a seasonal booster if you:
- are aged 75 or over (you need to have turned 75 on or before 30 June 2023)
- live in a care home for older adults
- are aged 5 or over and have a weakened immune system
- People who have a weakened immune system
How to get a booster dose
If you’re eligible, you can get a seasonal booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine by:
- booking online
- going to a walk-in COVID-19 vaccination site
- visit the Living Well Bus
- You may also be contacted by a local NHS service, such as your GP surgery, to get a vaccine for you or your child. This is usually done by text or a phone call, but you may sometimes get a letter or a notification in the NHS App.
If you cannot book appointments online, you can call 119 free of charge. You can speak to a translator if you need to.
If you have difficulties communicating or hearing, or are a British Sign Language (BSL) user, you can use textphone 18001 119 or the NHS 119 BSL interpreter service.
Getting to your appointment
Knowsley residents who may find it difficult to travel to their Covid-19 vaccination appointment can get support through the local travel offer.
Knowsley Council has worked in partnership with Healthwatch Knowsley to provide a taxi service for residents who do not have access to transport to get to a drop-in vaccination site or to a pre-booked appointment.
If you are a Knowsley resident, and you don’t have access to transport, you can call 0151 449 3954 (lines are open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm) and they will talk you through your options to get to your appointment or a drop in clinic close by to you.
This service is available for journeys to and from the closest vaccination site to you.
What to bring to your appointment
If you’re under 75 years, please bring either:
- an NHS letter inviting you for a seasonal booster dose
- an NHS letter which describes your condition or treatment
- a prescription or a medicine box with your name and a recent date to show you have a weakened immune system
If you think you’re eligible for a booster dose but you do not have a suitable letter, prescription, or medicine box, it may still be possible to get vaccinated.
When you arrive for your appointment, you will need to discuss your eligibility with a healthcare professional. They will check to make sure you’re eligible.