Knowsley Council’s Delivery Plan 2023/24 has been endorsed at a meeting of Knowsley Cabinet on 22 February 2023.
The plan sets out the key actions to be undertaken in 2023/ 24 to ensure delivery of the priorities set out in the Knowsley Council Plan 2022-25.
The proposed Annual Council Delivery Plan includes the following key actions:
- Financial Exclusion Support – continued delivery of the Knowsley Better Together Hardship Programme. This includes increasing support, advice, guidance, and access to temporary accommodation as required for residents threatened with homelessness.
- Improvements in Children’s Services – including improving the quality of practice in Children’s Social Care and improving support to care leavers.
- Inclusive Growth – continued delivery of the Borough’s housing and town centre developments, including taking forward the recent Levelling Up Fund allocation for Halewood.
- Reductions in Health Inequalities – by delivering the Council-related recommendations contained in the Cheshire and Merseyside “All Together Fairer” Health Inequalities Report, and implementing the Prevention Concordat for Better Mental Health action plan.
- Climate Emergency and Achieving “Net Zero” – by continuing to progress the actions within the Council’s Net Zero Delivery Plan, including the development of new waste management arrangements alongside other Liverpool City Region local authorities, decarbonisation of Council buildings and fleet vehicles, reduction of energy consumption across the Borough’s lighting infrastructure, climate change mitigation measures and awareness raising, and behaviour change within communities.
- Introduction of Voter Identification Arrangements – working with the Government and regional colleagues to implement the new national requirements for voter identification for all residents wishing to vote in person at future Elections.
- Stronger Communities – progressing the actions within the Stronger Communities Delivery Plan approved by the Cabinet in November 2022, including completing community asset transfers and allocating and monitoring the Stronger Communities Fund, and continuing to build community capacity.
Cllr Graham Morgan, Leader of Knowsley Council, said:
“The Annual Delivery Plan provides focus for the next year and will ensure that the Council continues to support those in greatest need, working alongside strategic partner agencies to reduce longstanding inequalities in the Borough.”
The Annual Delivery Plan will now be submitted for approval at the full meeting of the Council on 8 March 2023.
You can read the agenda item and proposed Annual Delivery Plan for 2023/24 on the Council’s website.