Home Knowsley Council Discover what you can do online

Discover what you can do online

by Gemma Melling

From reporting a pothole or flytipping, paying your Council Tax bill or booking a bulky rubbish collection or an appointment with the Registrar, you can do it all on the council’s website.

Plus its free, quick, easy, no queues and you can do it at a time and place to suit you.

Still not sure? The council has answered your most commonly asked questions about contacting them online:


How can I get online if I haven’t got the equipment?

There are a number of places where you can use PCs, free of charge.  This includes all of the council’s One Stop Shops, plus the borough’s libraries.

What if I don’t have the skills to get online?

There are a range of courses available across the borough, many free of charge.  From digital drop-in sessions to courses targeted to your needs – from setting up and sending emails through to using IT packages, there is something for everyone.  To find out more, call the Family And Community Education service on 0151 443 2026.

What services can I do online with Knowsley Council?

The council’s website – www.knowsley.gov.uk – makes it easy for you to:-

Apply for it – Housing benefit or Council Tax reduction, school places, replacement bins and planning applications

Book it – Registrars’ appointments and Taxi MOT’s

Pay for it – Council Tax, Business Rates, Fixed Penalty Notices, planning applications, building control, housing act advances, housing benefit over-payments and right to buy repayments

Report it – Abandoned vehicles, potholes, faulty street lighting, missing / damaged street signs, pest control, fly tipping, litter, missed bins, dog waste, and noise pollution

In addition, on www.knowsley.gov.uk, you can find out when your next bin collection will be, how the Knowsley Works team can help you into employment or training, who your local councillor is and where your nearest leisure centre / doctor or dentist is through the ‘My Neighbourhood’ page.

Can I receive my Council Tax bill electronically?

Yes – the Council Tax and Benefits section of the website has recently been updated enabling you to register for e-billing. Once registered you can view your Council Tax account online, apply for a sole occupier discount, change your Council Tax payment date, view your Housing Benefit and / or Council  Tax reduction, upload documents if we have asked for information to support a new claim as well as setting up a direct debit.

So, why wait? Next time you need to contact the council try doing it online instead.

If you need extra help, take a look at our step-by-step guide to reporting council issues online.