Do you need extra help during the Coronavirus outbreak – or do you want to offer a helping hand?
A new Coronavirus Community Support and Volunteer Line has been created for Knowsley residents needing additional support during the outbreak and for those wanting to volunteer their time or services to help those in need in their local community.
This helpline is available for:
- residents that may need additional support during the outbreak, such as vulnerable residents accessing food supplies.
- local businesses seeking advice or the latest Government information – Knowsley Council’s Business Support team can help.
- local businesses urgently seeking additional staff recruitment and residents looking for work – you can also contact Knowsley Works
- those wanting to volunteer their time and services to help those in need in their local community.
This move is yet another example of the Knowsley Better Together initiative which sees the council working in partnership with residents, businesses, partners and the voluntary sector – to make a lasting difference in the community.
Anyone needing support can call freephone 0800 073 0043 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday and 10am to 2pm at weekends and bank holidays. Please note, to assist our teams, if your call at the weekend is about a non-urgent matter, you will be asked to leave a message and a hub operative will return your call on Monday. Urgent matters will be dealt with during the call.
The same number can be used by local businesses or organisations offering support and would-be volunteers.
Callers will be asked for details and will either be signposted to the relevant support, or be linked with a service or volunteer who can offer support.
There is also online forms which can be completed by both those requesting help and those seeking volunteering opportunities:
Guidance for volunteers
Firstly – thank you for volunteering! Whatever time you can give, you will be helping make a real difference to people in our communities.
Here are some answers to the questions we know you’ll have:
Questions about the collection of shopping & provisions
Questions about dog walking
Download all our volunteer guidance:
These guides have been produced to help our volunteers.
- Volunteer Information Sheet
- Food shopping guide
- Safeguarding information
- Dog walking factsheet
- Protecting personal information
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Mental health services factsheet
- Manual handling: top tips
- Lone working guidance for volunteers
- How to purchase a volunteer card
- Check in and Chat guide
- How to help a resident who is a prepayment energy customer
- How to help a resident with no access to cash / bank cards