To support Merseyside Police’s force-wide operation focussing on burglary, residents are reminded of the steps they can take to reduce their chances of becoming a victim of burglary.
- Lock your front and back doors even when you are in
- Consider getting CCTV
- Set your burglar alarm when you go out or go to bed
- Light timer switches are a good idea too
- Keep your valuables out of sight, away from your windows and doors – e.g. car keys, laptops, mobile phones, purses/wallets
- Lock your shed and/or garage if you have one
- Fit a letterbox restrictor to your front door
- Use a UV pen to mark your valuable items with your postcode and house number. This will help police to return these items to you, should they ever be stolen and later found.
- Look out for your neighbours, especially the elderly and report anything suspicious
Knowsley Local Policing Team is keen to set up Neighbourhood Watch schemes in communities across Knowsley. Are you interested? If, so email the Local Policing Team at C.Community.Hub.firstname.lastname@example.org with your details, who will then provide you with further information and support.
Anyone with information regarding burglaries is asked to contact Merseyside Police social media desk via Twitter or Facebook. You can also call 101 or contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously, on 0800 555 111 or via Crimestopper’s online form.