Home HealthDrugs and Alcohol Support Do you need help to manage your drinking or drug use?

Do you need help to manage your drinking or drug use?

by Guy Murphy

Help and support is available to anyone who is worried about their drink or drug use.

Regular alcohol or drug use can quickly start to negatively affect your health, mood and relationships and lead to you becoming dependent.

The earlier you get help the better for your health, your mental wellbeing and it can, help you to get back to things you enjoy most in life.

There are a variety of reasons why someone may turn to drink or drugs, but it’s important to know that help and support is available.

Change Grow Live (CGL) offer tailored support to help you to manage your situation.

We caught up with the team at Change Grow Live to find out more about the help and support they can provide.

What support and services are available?

The support offered is tailored to a person’s needs. Everyone’s treatment will be different depending on their situation and the goals they want to achieve. Plans are developed with the person and professionals and they are regularly reviewed.

Support can include:-

  • Medical interventions and substitute prescribing
  • Detox options and tailored programmes
  • A needle exchange including harm reduction advice
  • One to one support with an allocated recovery coordinator
  • A full group work time table which includes helping you to understand how drugs and alcohol affects your brain, body and your mental health
  • Access to a qualified nursing team and blood-borne virus screening
  • A full recovery support service to maintain stability and structure to support a person’s recovery
  • Access to employment, training and education specialists

How can I access help and support?

People can self-refer into CGL or referrals can also come through a third party professional (such as a GP) with the person’s knowledge and consent.

Call the team today in either Huyton on 0151 482 6291 or Kirkby on 0151 546 9557.

You can call any time – the phone line is available 24 hours a day.

You can also complete an online referral through the Change Grow Live website or drop in to either of the projects (Unit 12-14, Chapel Brook Park, Huyton, L36 5FH or Unit 7, Deacon Park, Moorgate Road, Kirkby, L33 7RX) during office hours – no appointment is needed.

What would you say to someone who says they don’t want / need help?

Recovery is personal to every individual and the decision to change has to be by the person themselves.

Often its fear of change or misconceptions of what treatment involves that stops people asking for help.

Ask yourself:-

  • Are you happy with your drug use / drinking ?
  • Would you like to change it?

If you would like to change, contact the CGL team today.