Home Need to know Are you experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19?
hands holding coins and notes

Are you experiencing financial hardship as a result of COVID-19?

by Gemma Melling

Lots of people are worried about how their finances might be affected by coronavirus (COVID-19).

Banks and building societies are offering packages of support for those of you who may be experiencing financial difficulty and we would urge you to contact your bank/building society as soon as possible should this be the case.

Useful Information:

Statutory Sick Pay will be paid from day 1 instead of day 4 for those affected by coronavirus.

If you have a zero hour contract you may be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay.  Check with your employer if you are unsure.   If you are not entitled to Statutory Sick Pay, you may be able to apply for Universal Credit or Employment Support Allowance (ESA).

If you are self-employed, you can apply for Universal Credit.

If your whole family has to stay at home and you have no income coming in, the family can apply for Universal Credit.

Where to get help?

To support people who may need to make a claim for Universal Credit or Employment Support Allowance, Knowsley FACE have set up remote Digital Support Sessions.  They will be offering telephone appointments to anyone who may require assistance.

For further advice, support or assistance you can also contact:

Universal Credit Helpline on 0800 328 5644.

Citizen’s Advice Bureau on 0845 122 1300.

You may find this guide from the Money Saving Expert helpful to understand what help you may be entitled to.

Please note, Knowsley FACE have limited resources and are doing their utmost to help and support Knowsley residents, so they appreciate your patience.

For further information or to book an appointment, please contact Michelle Daly, Curriculum Lead Officer, Knowsley FACE, email: michelle.daly@knowsley.gov.uk or telephone: 07810 053 971.