Patients no longer require an appointment to access Walk-in Centres in Knowsley.
Telephone appointments to access Walk-in services, which were introduced during the coronavirus pandemic, are no longer required. Patients will be assessed and seen in order of their clinical need.
All Knowsley Walk-in Centres are open Monday to Saturday 8am to 8.30pm and on Sundays and Bank Holidays they are open 10am to 8.30pm.
The walk-in centres are located at the following:
- Huyton Walk-in Centre, Nutgrove Villa, Westmoreland Road, Huyton, L36 6GA
- Kirkby Walk-in Centre, St Chads Clinic, St Chads Drive, Kirkby, L32 8RE
- Halewood Walk-in Centre, Roseheath Drive, Halewood, L26 9UH
Walk-In Centres provide consultations, advice and treatment for minor injuries and illnesses. These include:
- Infections and rashes
- Coughs and flu-like symptoms
- Ear ache and sore throats
- Cuts and bruises
- Minor burns and strains
- Emergency contraception and advice
- Insect and animal bites
- Stomach aches and upsets
- Urine infections
- Minor new eye problems.
Always dial 999 in an emergency.
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 there is still a requirement to wear a mask and maintain a safe distance in Knowsley’s Walk-in Centres.
If patients have any COVID-19 symptoms, the advice is still for them to self-isolate, and contact NHS 111. Information on testing is available here: https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test