You can now apply online for free two-year-old childcare.
If your child is eligible, 15 hours of free term-time childcare may be accessed in a nursery or with a childminder. You may also choose to spread the childcare over 50 weeks (which works out as up to 11.5 hours per week)
Does your family currently get any of the following benefits? You may be entitled to a free place
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and an annual income not more than £16,190
- You get Working Tax Credits and earn no more than £16,190 a year (please refer to your Tax Credit breakdown TC602)
- Your child has a current statement of special educational needs (SEN) or an Education, Health Care plan
- Your child receives Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Your child has left care through special guardianship or an adoption or a residence order
- Children of Zambrano Carers
- Children of families with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private and family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human Rights
- Children of a subset of failed asylum seekers (supported under Section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 – ‘the 1999 Act’)
How to find out more
To find out more about how a place could benefit your two-year-old contact your health visiting team or local children’s centre. If you need help contacting your health visiting team, call the Knowsley Early Years Childcare Information Service on 0800 085 2022 (option 1) or 0151 443 5633 (Option 4).
You can now apply online for a free two-year-old childcare place. You will need to create an account online and submit an online application for your child/ren. When you successfully submit your application you will receive an automated response, and if you are eligible you will be e-mailed a voucher code.
If you have any problems with the online application please phone Nicky Parkinson on 0151 443 5692.