You can now apply online for free two-year-old childcare.
If your child is eligible, 15 hours of free term-time childcare may be accessed in a nursery or with a childminder. You may also choose to spread the childcare over 50 weeks (which works out as up to 11.5 hours per week)
Does your family currently get any of the following benefits? You may be entitled to a free place
- Income Support
- income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- tax credits and have an annual income under £15,400 before tax
- the Working Tax Credit 4-week ‘run-on’ (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
- Universal Credit
Or if your child:
- has a disability or special educational needs
- has a child protection plan
- is looked after by us
- is a member of a travelling family
- has left care but are not able to return home (are under a special guardianship order, child arrangements order or adoption order)
How to find out more
To find out more about how a place could benefit your two-year-old watch this video.
You can now apply online for a free two year old childcare place. If your child is eligible you will receive an automated response, and if you are eligible you will be provided with a code to take to a nursery or childminder.
If you have any problems with the online application please phone 0151 443 5692 for assistance.