Knowsley’s Young Advisors have created an animation with advice on dealing with the pandemic and the mental health issues which young people may be experiencing.
Made by young people for other young people who may be dealing with anxiety, stress and negative thoughts due to Covid-19, the animation emphasises the importance of reaching out to someone you trust to talk openly about how you feel.
There’s advice for young people who may be feeling overwhelmed;
- Get to know the facts from trusted sources such as the gov.uk and NHS websites
- Don’t overwhelm yourself with too much information in the news
- Create a good daily routine with regular exercise, healthy eating and sleep times
- Remember everyone is in the same situation
For anyone who needs further support the video provides details of mental health support for young people which is available 24/7:
- Local NHS urgent mental health support is available for people of all ages by calling 0800 051 1508
- The Samaritans is for all ages by phoning 116 123
- Shout is available for anyone in crisis by texting 85258
Cllr Margaret Harvey, Cabinet Member for Children’s Services, said:
“Young people have gone through so much during the pandemic with exams cancelled, periods of isolation from school, restrictions on everyday life and on top of this periods of national lockdown.
“I would encourage parents and carers to share the animation with any young person who may be overwhelmed or struggling right now. It has been really well received by young people when shown in online school assemblies.”