Additional pop-up testing sites will be taking place on Thursday, Friday and Sunday for residents who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
The additional Mobile Testing Units, providing PCR tests will be located at:
- Halewood Leisure Centre, Baileys Lane, Liverpool L26 0TY on Thursday 1 July from 1pm-7pm
- The Gate, 600 Princess Dr, Liverpool L14 9NQ on Friday 2 July from 10am-4pm
- New Hutte Centre, Lichfield Rd, Liverpool L26 1TT on Saturday 3 July from 10am-3pm
The Mobile Testing Unit will offer COVID-19 testing to residents who are:
- Showing symptoms of COVID-19. Symptoms include a high temperature, new or persistent cough or a loss of taste or smell
- Generally feeling unwell such as experiencing headaches, a sore throat or runny nose
- Have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive
- Has been in close contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19
Please note: The Gate is operating as a walk-in testing site, with limited parking available at the site. Please where possible walk to the testing unit and book an appointment
Booking an appointment
Appointments are required and they can be booked through www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test or by ringing 119. Other PCR testing sites are also available in the Borough (Huyton, Kirkby and Stockbridge Village) and appointments at those sites can be booked through the same link.
Test results are normally returned in around 24 hours.
Residents are asked to remember to wear a mask when attending the Mobile Testing Unit and to ensure they keep a safe distance from those not in their household.
In addition, residents should return home and stay at home until their test result is confirmed.
With restrictions being eased, opportunities for more social interactions and variants of concern in circulation, it’s important that anyone with symptoms or who has had a positive test with a lateral flow / home testing kit, are tested. Importantly, if the PCR test is positive, they can self-isolate and stop passing on the virus to others.